The Perioperative Medicine in Action free online course will be live again on 4 November 2019. This well-received course enables participants to:
- Justify the need for better, more holistic care for the high risk surgical patient, to improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs.
- Demonstrate the need for protocolised care pathways and evaluate the success of the enhanced recovery programmes in reducing variance in practice.
- Discuss the current economic pressure on healthcare systems and how perioperative medicine can be used to reduce these pressures.
- Engage with risk assessment tools to characterise and quantify the risk of an individual undergoing a particular procedure.
- Describe the major challenges in delivering perioperative medicine for the elderly.
This course is designed for all members of the multidisciplinary team who care for high-risk surgical patients.
Are you interested in taking the course?
Find out more and register via the link below.